Saturday, March 08, 2008

Getting Desperate?

Hilary Clinton responding to a question regarding a "do-over" in the Florida and Michigan primaries:

I would not accept a caucus. I think that would be a great disservice to the 2 million people who turned out and voted. I think that they want their votes counted. And you know a lot of people would be disenfranchised because of the timing and whatever the particular rules were. This is really going to be a serious challenge for the Democratic Party because the voters in Michigan and Florida are the ones being hurt, and certainly with respect to Florida the Democrats were dragged into doing what they did by a Republican governor and a Republican Legislature. They didn't have any choice whatsoever. And I don't think that there should be any do-over or any kind of a second run in Florida. I think Florida should be seated.

You know, NOT having a do-over is a great disservice to the voters of Florida. I did not go to the polls because I knew my vote wouldn't yield any delegates. Just a guess, but I think a lot of people felt that way. What's Clinton scared of? If Florida believes in her, it will give her the votes. Her trying to declare herself the victor in a state that knew its votes didn't count and to declare victory and delegates in Michigan where she was the only person on the ballot is absolutely ridiculous. Someone is getting desperate for delegates...

0 comments: